Global virtual launch event from Berlin – new initiative takes on the antibiotic innovation challenge
Thursday, July 9 from 3:15 PM– 5:00 PM CEST virtual launch event of a new groundbreaking effort to address the AMR challenge: REGISTER NOW – click here.
The world is losing its most powerful tool in healthcare: antibiotics. The reason is rapidly rising antibiotic-resistant infections – also called antimicrobial resistance, or AMR. The world needs new antibiotics to stem the toll superbugs are having on patients, but there are few in the pipeline. This is the result of a long-standing paradox: despite the huge societal costs of AMR, there is currently no viable market for new antibiotics. In the long run, the uncontrolled rise of AMR could have public health and economic consequences greater than COVID-19. But unlike COVID-19, AMR is a predictable and preventable crisis – we must take action now.
Join us on Thursday, July 9 from 3:15 PM– 5:00 PM CEST for a high-level virtual launch event of a new groundbreaking effort to address the AMR challenge.
High-level interventions and panel discussions with:
- Jens Spahn, Federal Minister of Health, Germany
- Ibrahim Baylan, Minister for Enterprise and Innovation, Sweden TBC
- Agnès Pannier-Runacher Secretary of State for Economy and Finance, France TBC
- Tiemo Wölken, MEP S&D German, vice-chair of European Parliament MEP Interest Group on AMR
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General World Health Organization TBC
- Stella Kyriakides, European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
- Werner Hoyer, President, European Investment Bank
- Dame Sally Davies, UK Special Envoy on Antimicrobial Resistance
- Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust
With the participation of pharmaceutical industry representatives:
- Hubertus von Baumbach, Chairman of the Board of Managing Directors, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Kasim Kutay, Chairman Novo Holdings / Novo Nordisk Foundation
- Stefan Oelrich, CEO Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Stefan Oschmann, Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO of Merck
- Thomas Cueni, Director General, International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations – IFPMA
- Nathalie Moll, Director General, EFPIA
- Florence Séjourné, CEO, Da Volterra and President BEAM Alliance